1. Be honest with yourself – Without reference to anyone else, identify what you want in life and go for it.
2. Small Steps – Be kind to yourself. Don’t feel you have to rush change. Life is a journey. Every journey begins with a single step.
3. Daydream – Try to picture your perfect day. What would you be doing, where would you be, who would be with you and how would you feel? Think about it often and believe with all your heart that you will achieve it.
4. Follow your emotional guidance system – If it feels good, ‘go for it’. If it doesn’t, stop and look for a new direction.
5. Seek guidance and support when needed – Whether through a counsellor, life coach, self-help book or understanding friend.
6. Meditate – The key to creating everything you want. Go within and find your purpose. You hold the answer to every question within you.
7. Take time out for yourself – Spend some time by yourself each day so you can hear your own thoughts and identify your own dreams and desires.
8. Spend time with like-minded people – You become who you spend the most time with. Choose your friends wisely.
9. Love – Love yourself, your children, your decisions and your future. Feel love and gratitude every day.
10. Selfishly seek your own joy – Come to peace with this statement. Acknowledge your own thoughts and feeling in everything you do. Accept that you deserve to experience happiness every day.
Reference: Australian Natural Health Sept-Oct 2011